Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Travel to Prague via YouTube

There are very few travel writers who capture my imagination like Rick Steves. There’s just something about how he presents European travel that makes me want to pack up and go. International travel can seem intimidating at first, but Rick explores both Europe’s most popular destinations as well as hidden gems you would never know about on his popular television program “Rick Steves’ Europe,” seen statewide in Colorado on Rocky Mountain PBS.

Rick also publishes wonderful travel guides and has a great website, http://www.ricksteves.com/. I should say right here that I’ve never met Rick Steves, but that’s the kind of writer he is; he makes you feel at ease and as if you’re getting great advice from a trusted friend. I can personally testify that Rick’s guide books are terrific. I had the best time in France a couple of years back thanks to Rick’s books. His Podcast was an invaluable walking tour of Parisian highlights that started at Notre Dame and took me through the Latin Quarter and back and forth across the Seine.

Rick has many great videos online, including this one that gives a quick overview of Prague and some of its most popular landmarks, including the Charles Bridge - watch it now:



-Rex Fuller, Opera Colorado Director of Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment